i need help looping samples!!

themarsh420

i am some what of a novice and i have a hard time looping hip hop loops or 4/8 bar thread into songformat with other sounds and beats. does anyone have any advice to solve this

zooming in and out often to make sure that you can see the points throughout the wave form...really sampling is something that gets better w/ a lil experience....

like he mentioned, most likely a question of practice & just getting the hang of it.
Not something your just gonna be able to perfect after a night using FL studio.
Try to use simple 4 loops to begin with and keep practicing. You will most likely need to chop a few samples before getting the hang of it and be able to loop em properly.

its mostly all in matching the tempo of your beat to the song youre sampling if youre just chopping a small section out to loop. if you can tap out the bpm of a beat easily you shouldnt have a problem figuring out what to set the tempo of your beat at

The correct way to make a loop is to accurately determine the correct BPM of the source material and then work out the correct corresponding loop length (the two values are interwoven) so I use math as opposed to nudging things around with the mouse.

If you are gonna try to loop 4 bars or (8 Bars), you definetly need to do it at the same BPM as the sample. Ideally you want to chop in to smaller sections like 1 bar. Id start there, and chop it on the 1st beat, like on the snare. You want to be able to playback at any tempo if neccessary. Also, look up videos on timestretching. But just keep playing with it, you will get it....This guy below gives a decent explanation. Good Luck
Peace

yeah, work with 4 bars, 8 bars, or 16 bars and run it the same tempo! amplify your sample as well if its in audacity.

By using math to determine the correct length for the BPM you can time-stretch without having beats shift around in relation to the grid, in other words if you use sloppy guess work when setting loop points any error will also be stretched resulting in a misalignment with the new tempo.

The correct way to make a loop is to accurately determine the correct BPM of the source material and then work out the correct corresponding loop length (the two values are interwoven) so I use math as opposed to nudging things around with the mouse.

Ninjas Have Become Real Scientist With This Shit LMAO!!! What happened to just feeling it, and knowing it's right? all that technical garbage will get you lost in the sauce

Last edited:
Ninjas Have Become Real Scientist With This Shit LMAO!!! What happened to just feeling it, and knowing it's right? all that technical garbage will get you lost in the sauce

LOL, at trying to elevate loop editing into some higher art form by talking about feeling as though virtuosity with the mouse counts for something....*click....click....click....click....click*

Back