I learned how to cut a sound and save it but...

Sickk1

theres a problem now. i cut a ton of sounds from some songs and saved them on my deskop as wav files, then put them into my packs to use the sounds. but when i want to make the sound im using a long steady sound instead of i quick little noise it just replays the little noise...i hope someone understands what im tryin to get at. like instead of a short little synth i want a long steady one, how do i make it do that?

The sample is what it is, there is a feature in some samplers where you can x-fade/loop a little bit of the end, but results vary and I'm not even sure if FL does this.

If its synth sounds you're after, you're better off using a VST synth.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Just to clarify, if you want a long steady note you generally have to sample a long steady note.

The sample is what it is, there is a feature in some samplers where you can x-fade/loop a little bit of the end, but results vary and I'm not even sure if FL does this.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Just to clarify, if you want a long steady note you generally have to sample a long steady note.

sample manipulation is where its at. A sample is never just what it is sample and time stretch yourself falling down the stairs then reverse it crop it throw some chorus and delay on top and a res filter and it may come back fun and interesting. samplers are their own kinds of synths for that very reason.

oh ok. it wasnt a synth but i have a hard time getting nice synths whats a good vst to download?

sample and time stretch yourself falling down the stairs then reverse it

Lol.. Dude said he ain't know if that feature is in FL. I know if you put a sample in Edison you make loop points with say for example an 808 sample & turn it into a bassline. Idek what to suggest tbh cause you ain't even know how to save a sound a couple days ago lol. Download you some VSTs & quality drumkits & make beats, YouTube learn. Listen to music you think is good and DISTINGUISH what it is you like about it SPECIFICALLY. Don't just listen to the sh!t & say this sh!t ride....

Back