how to use these samples

hamzi37

Hello,I'm not sure about what I'm going to ask because I always get confused with the terms like midi,samples ble ble..
I purchased studiolinked urban lab and in a file "Samples" are a lot of bass sounds..and I load one of those sounds into fl studio because I really like them and want to use them.But the problem is I cannot play them because when I play a note on my midi controller,note is played but sustained,because it's original lenght is like 2,3 seconds but I want to play bass lines and end the note when stop pressing it on keyboard.So when I play 2,3,4 notes in like 2,3 seconds they are all played and in duration.So is there any way to do something about it,like when I play the note on controller,it is never sustained,it's only duration is one equal to my finger on the keyboard ? I hope someone will understand I'm having a real problem explaining this :(

Thanks in advance

What you gotta do is go to the channel rack and click on the bass sound. Once your there click on the envelope/instrument settings which is to the left of the wrench tool on the top left. You should then see knobs that say delay, att, hold, dec, sus, and rel. Turn everything down to nothing except for "hold", which should be turned all the way up. The shape of the four points should make somewhat of a square. Now you should be able to play each note you like for the time you hold it on the keyboard.

Or, if this program has a playback mode in it's sampler, then it will be as easy as changing the playback mode.
This will usually be a button that says something like "one-shot" "gate" "trigger"or "loop". Press it to change the playback style of the sample.

Last edited:
Back