How is this track made?

ameoba said:
So, what you do is you take a few lame records (late 70s to early 80s) and some weak synth drums (for added flavor, throw in an old Adlib card) and put them in a 50-galon oil drum with the MPC2000XL (THIS IS THE SECRIT INCREDIANT). Add 1 cup flower, 2 eggs, 3 packets of Red Kool-Aid, about a pound of pastrami (NOT THE FAKE TURKIE STUFFS) and a case of cheap lite beer (Coors, Miller or Bud, pref). Stir it all up and light a fire with the users manuals to your synths (no need to read 'em) and cook for 2hr. Remove from heat. Let sit overnight.

In the middle of the night, the fat beat faeries will come along and shake their magic wands, leaving you with the track you desire.

Can I substitute teh MPC200XL with a SU700? And which way do I need to stir? Clockwise or anti-clockwise? Thanks b.

It's MPC or at least MPC drums...actually it is, i can tell by the sampleflow. What is so prolific about this beat? they took 3 different samples from some michael jackson song keyed them in(a few times late or early, offbeat)and added drums(that also seem offbeat). Trying to figure out how this was made is nothing more than an excercise in futility. BTW I just told you how it was made. I doubt he even sequenced it. May have played it straight by hand onto a recording device? I'd have to dumb down and forget 90% of what I know about producing to tell you his exact method, that's a beginner beat.

Last edited:
Everyone here has made wack beats so i dont know why you all tripin .. we all gota start somewhere... looks like you made it, i dont know why you just dont admit it.. Anyway keep grindin you will get better.

noblewordz said:
Everyone here has made wack beats so i dont know why you all tripin .. we all gota start somewhere... looks like you made it, i dont know why you just dont admit it.. Anyway keep grindin you will get better.
I'm not trippin, just stated this beat is real ameteur. Sounds like anybodies 1st set of MPC beats usually does.

its halrious

funny how he try to get people to listen to his track but he knows its wack so to get u to listen he did a setup question LOL , genius!

That's one of the worst tracks i've ever heard, worse than mine even!

Why would anyone want to (re)create that?!

anymore help for this topic i still dont understand how these tracks are sequenced i was told they change every 8 bars for mixing

Back