How to replicate the sound of a sample.

You have a sharp ear if you caught that one yourself. Unless I was familiar with that older material by the original artist, I probably could have not distinguished that.

In the very beginning where they first start to play the sample, it sounds like they are chopping (making small cuts throughout) the original sample to allow the manipulation of BPM and pitch. This allows you to make changes to the source samples and still maintain control over specifics of tempo and modulation easier than if it were just a straight shot sample (one sample).

After that, it sounds to me that they are layering the original sample with another sound that is playing the same notes. Then applying a low pass filter on the original sample. They might have taken the MIDI data from the original sample and applied it to an instrument in their DAW. That might be easier than simply playing the same notes on a MIDI controller for some people.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help, I found the sample in a video of him in the studio when he felt the original sample that I shazam it,
Now I try to follow your advice :)

Last edited:
if you find key of the song it's much easier, i'm sure there are lots of websites that can do it for ya

Back