how to pitch up a sample in FL STUDIO 9

mguz11

Whadup FP? Quick question, how do i pitch the sample up correctly in FL. Everytime i do the time stretch i always make it end up sounding chinese.lol. I mean what are some good settings for the basic pitch up in slice ex. Peace

ive been using fl studio for years.... always hated time stretching.

think analog. if you're sampling a record, change the pitch on the turntable by adjusting the time stretch. if you're sampling an mp3 that you got from youtube, play it on virtual dj and adjust the time just like you would on a turntable.. all you gotta do is record it. think like a dj. thats ultimately what sampling in hip hop is.... it started wih djs looping drum breaks on two turntables. it evolved into sampling with drum machines... so just think like a dj.

if you need to pitch it up without changing the speed just stick it in a granulizer channel and place the note up a few from C5

There are some good freeware out there that can also get the trick done. Like MADSHIFTA is VST plugin that lets you pitch your samples when they go through the mixer in FL.

^^ a plugin for changing pitch? That's like using a nuke to kill a fly. A little excessive.

LOOOOOOL.I'm learning something new from this thread I don't sample but sometimes I chop up and play around in fl studio but never export.I changed pitch by hitting higher or lower keys lol

madshifta is more useful when you need to change pitch of live audio, for example recording your voice and you want to make it sound dark or like a chipmunk

Back