How much is too much sampling in a beat?

You can never sample too much - if the musical context is good, than the sampling is good. Plus it's never about quantity, it's more about quality. Good quality.

I agree. Finding the golden loop in some forgotten record is hard work and is praiseworthy in itself :)

this is something I pride myself on..beside having a good ear I DIG DEEP

Along with the track names I label them..for example: BRASS STAB/BASSLINE/GUITAR RIFF/DRUM BREAK/LOOP

I've found so many dope loops that I had to go through them all and start labeling some of them 'GOLDEN LOOP' haha

now if I want to make a good beat in 5 minutes all I gotta do is pull up a GOLDEN LOOP out of one of my folders :)

now if I could only master the art of layering drums over these to make them knock a bit more I'd be getting somewhere

the only example i can think of where i though "that's bull****" when i heard the sample was "every breath you take" that p. diddy did, he sampled that to the point it was a cover and not an original song IMO.

Would have to agree with what the majority are saying. If it sounds good nobody cares. It's all about the end product. It's kind of lame rehashing a sample that's already been looped in a classic track and speeding it or slowing it only. If you can't do it better, stay away. That's my take.

Back