how to make drums sound different in fruity loops

Illpoet

i wanted to know if theres any way of making drums in fruity loops sound different, i know about the equing the drums but is there anything in fruity loops that will make the drums sound like anything you want?

effects,

click on the sound to get the cchannel setting and mess with the knobs under time stretching

use the piano roll to get some pitch effects

u could put all sorts of effects on if u wanted but certain ones dont really work with certain instruments (like i wouldnt put a flange or phase on a kick) but i would compress it to get it to punch or add reverb to get an echoey sustained effect.

its all just a matter of playing around really but if uve got a crap kick sample theres only so much u can do. so u want to have loads of different ones from web sites, sample cd's or sampling other peoples drums.... then u'll have ones to suit any project

after you assigin to free mixer ctrl + L you can compress, Eq , or whatever you want

Oh I heard someone say pitch effect. but I rock the main pitch gauge and get snares and some kicks sounding nice and thick.

set whatever you want to main pitch, then adjust to desired effect.

you don't even gotta layer that much to get nice sounds in FL. I found out.

the main pitch gauge in FL....mess with it! don't under estimate it! you will get all kinds of sounds outta anything

Here's some beats i made in fruity loops that I had to use that pitch tweak. they sound ****ty cause I didn't multi track just doubled em up and well they sound like cause I ain't done yet. 2 of em are pretty popular samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back