How to lay a bass line on a sample

so instead of raising the eq, i like to cut everything below 500hz or so. then u simply lay ya own bassline over the sample to fill the gap. try to use realistic bass sounds so it blends well with the sample

what are you using to make the beat? I can see what I have. But i can't send it until tonight or tommorrow.

My fix is learning to play bass. spend $200 on a bass, get a dvd. practice for 2 months. You are all set.

remo - update to FL5 and use the FL Slayer - i know what sound u going for, i generally use the fretless bass and mess around a bit wit the eq and stuff.

Thanks Alot!!!The fret bass on FL Slayer is perfect!!!As soon as i get my registration key,I'll be doin sum fiyah!!!and wunderful,I am not financially advanced so i cant afford $200..

PtheGhost said:
you damn pirater, i call for a ban

damn, making assassumtions. well ban every pirater, and you'll have like 4 members. I'm sure all of you programs are legit.

if you want get a real bass line/sound why dont you go out and find a band rehersal room, ask around and sample a live bassist most poeple are more that happy to help you out. Hay as your doing that you can even take some drum samples too.

what i like to do for bass is eq the sample so i can listen to the original bassline in the sample, then i like to take a sub-bass layered with a real bass patch (i have my own preset) and replay the bassline in the sample. Then you can cut the bass out of the sample and tweak the bassline how you want.

Back