How to isolate vocals from a sample?

HighGinx

I am currently working on a project for an artist who wants me to use the hook from an 80's song and incorporate it into a Hip-Hop beat but I cannot manage to isolate the vocals from the track will I have to do some Eq work? Or else what other options are there in order to achieve this? I understand audacity has some functionality to achieve this but so far that method is not working.

Please help me and thank you

Last edited:
It'll be difficult, imo. This is why we use stems from songs so the vocals are isolated by the producer who mixed (produced the song). It's really hard to cut out all of the other music behind the vocals. And considering this song is from the 80s, there's little to no chance you can get the solo vocal track.

If anybody has a better answer though, please share. I'm sure there's a way for just about anything...

Last edited:
Hey!
You mentioned Audacity and vocal removal so here's a link that may be useful to you:
manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_vocal_removal_and_isolation.html
If that's not what you're looking for, I suggest you dig the web with this trick:
null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/use-google-hack-googledorks-0163566/
I personally use Google dorks to look for samples when I'm bored or out of inspiration.
In the worst case (Audacity and Google dorks not working) ask someone to sing that hook, and then use some EQ and old tape/vinyl effect on the recorded piece.
Hope I've been helpful.
-

Back