How do you tune samples?

Wonderkid

I'm having trouble figuring out how to tune samples with my mpc 1000 so I can play stuff over them, any help? Right now I just tune my fantom till it matches up with the samples but that takes a while. What key am I supposed to tune the sample to so that it matches the fantom? Also, is there anyway to tune samples in the mpc without changing the tempo of the sample? Thanks for any help.

---------- Post added 05-04-2012 at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-30-2012 at 05:12 PM ----------

-bump- .

What key am I supposed to tune the sample to so that it matches the fantom? Also, is there anyway to tune samples in the mpc without changing the tempo of the sample? Thanks for any help.
You'll just have to experiment with the sample pitch until you've got it right. The tune of the sample may be a few cents off the A440 pitch standard (where 440Hz=A) as often instruments are tuned by taking the tune from one of the instruments.

You will need to time stretch the sample to be able to tune it without changing it's tempo.

I look at it like this.. There shouldn't be any need ta fine-tune uh sample, but obviously evry beat is diffrent.... Figure out what key the sample is in. I use my ear & re-assure myself with uh piano. Some1 correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know 100cents is 1 semitone aka uh halfstep. Uh whole tone aka as uh whole step is 200cents. I'm saying this in case you were in uh situation whr u hadda sample & u wanted 2 transpose the entire song or summ like tht. I'mma jus let you digest tht, I rarely find myself even sampling anymore which is wht I started doin, cause now I can just replay most if not all samples..

I look at it like this.. There shouldn't be any need ta fine-tune uh sample, but obviously evry beat is diffrent.... Figure out what key the sample is in. I use my ear & re-assure myself with uh piano. Some1 correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know 100cents is 1 semitone aka uh halfstep. Uh whole tone aka as uh whole step is 200cents. I'm saying this in case you were in uh situation whr u hadda sample & u wanted 2 transpose the entire song or summ like tht. I'mma jus let you digest tht, I rarely find myself even sampling anymore which is wht I started doin, cause now I can just replay most if not all samples..

Not usually one to bring out the negativity, but are you ****ing serious bro. If you're going to give advice on a forum, you need to learn to spell at the very least, a one letter word correctly. Not sure how many people will get through "uh" whole paragraph of your nonsense.
You lose any credibility your post might've had, at least from my perspective.

Not usually one to bring out the negativity, but are you ****ing serious bro. If you're going to give advice on a forum, you need to learn to spell at the very least, a one letter word correctly. Not sure how many people will get through "uh" whole paragraph of your nonsense.

True dat

Back