how do You send beats out to rappers?

SuspenseBeats

im looking for a better way to send out beats to rappers im trying to work with rather than just the traditional email. I want it to be more like a first come, first serve sort of thing, and once i sell, or get rid of the beat, i delete it. BUT i dont want the beats to be available to the public. whats the beat way to go about this? I was thinking it'd be cool to make like a "private soundcloud" page or something like that where i can post beats i have to offer, and only a certain set of rappers can access it that i give the password to. but ii looked in to it, and soundcloud wont work too well with what i'm trying to do. Any ideas??

Too many ways...here's a few

Track down submission emails, they usually post them on twitter.

Track down the management or A&Rs who are behind the artist and contact them.

Call the label's direct phoneline and ask for the A&R behind the artist you want to submit to and ask him how to submit.

If you're in the right place(usually somewhere like NYC, L.A., MIA, ATL, Toronto, Vegas, hell, I used to run into people all the time in VA Beach)find the big studios, get familiar with them(different approaches depending on the studio)and start getting invited with your tracks when the right artists come thru. You gotta work up to that though by making the smaller clients happy with your work.

EDIT: or do you just mean in general how do you send them? EMAIL or Dropbox

Last edited:
im looking for a better way to send out beats to rappers im trying to work with rather than just the traditional email. I want it to be more like a first come, first serve sort of thing, and once i sell, or get rid of the beat, i delete it. BUT i dont want the beats to be available to the public. whats the beat way to go about this? I was thinking it'd be cool to make like a "private soundcloud" page or something like that where i can post beats i have to offer, and only a certain set of rappers can access it that i give the password to. but ii looked in to it, and soundcloud wont work too well with what i'm trying to do. Any ideas??

mediafire password protected. simple.

Too many ways...here's a few

Track down submission emails, they usually post them on twitter.

Track down the management or A&Rs who are behind the artist and contact them.

Call the label's direct phoneline and ask for the A&R behind the artist you want to submit to and ask him how to submit.

If you're in the right place(usually somewhere like NYC, L.A., MIA, ATL, Toronto, Vegas, hell, I used to run into people all the time in VA Beach)find the big studios, get familiar with them(different approaches depending on the studio)and start getting invited with your tracks when the right artists come thru. You gotta work up to that though by making the smaller clients happy with your work.

EDIT: or do you just mean in general how do you send them? EMAIL or Dropbox

Basically what he said. Twitter/Youtube been the best way for me to get in contact. I drop a mention or message to ppl.. Some usually have their emails in their bio for where to submit music to them.

What is "mediafire" password protected?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe on MediaFire, you can put a password of each of your files. No one would be able to download it unless they have the password.
If you do it, make sure each file has a different password.

Twitter for locating artist information or their Managers/Agents contact information.

My question is once you get the artist the beat and they use it. Are you compensated? Do you have to send a message with it that says something along the lines of "This is not a free beat I want such and such amount/percent if you use this." ? I saw an interview with Lex Luger where he mentioned that after sending beats to Waka Flocka he just heard his song on the radio. I know he ended up getting signed or whatever, but in regards to people who won't get signed would they get paid from the one beat. Is sending an artist an instrumental just supposed to be a way to get heard or is it considered a placement or what?

Last edited:
^^^They cannot legally use any body of work containing any contributions from anyone without first coming to an agreement with everyone else involved.

Not saying that's how it always works out. Sometimes you hear your track is being used and come to agreements months before a song drops, other times, you do indeed not even know you're on an album until you actually hear the song, lol. Lawsuits aren't the best way to go from there if you have contact info. You should contact the artist and make a deal.

^^^They cannot legally use any body of work containing any contributions from anyone without first coming to an agreement with everyone else involved.

Not saying that's how it always works out. Sometimes you hear your track is being used and come to agreements months before a song drops, other times, you do indeed not even know you're on an album until you actually hear the song, lol. Lawsuits aren't the best way to go from there if you have contact info. You should contact the artist and make a deal.

Thank you.

How does media-fire password protected works? Please elaborate about its usability and does it meet the needs that no one could access the beat and only one person as a private could access it. Is there any other way?

Have you checked SendBeatsTo? You get notified when someone accesses, streams or downloads your beat and it doesn't need to be from opportunities on the site, it can be from email addresses too.

Last edited:
its for all the rapping here, and pitbulls rock on always

Back