How do you sample using records?

VPell

Photographer/Musician
I have a turntable, a digital 8-track. Someone told me and I can sample with this.

Right now I don't sample to often, and if I do I simply use a MP3 or something that I chop up in Sonar and bring to Reason NNXT.

Does anyone know how to do it with vinyls?

please use the proper forum..

we have a dedicate sample forum..

also please use the search function, because this question has been asked pretty often already and you should be able to find a lot of results :)

to answer your question....

if u have an audio editor u can hook your turntables to ya computer and record into the audio editor and sample that way

Sec4Allstar133 said:
to answer your question....

if u have an audio editor u can hook your turntables to ya computer and record into the audio editor and sample that way

let's not forget the mixer or phono pre-amp to correct the distorted sound because the signal off the phono-out is high in the highs and mid-range frequencies, but low in bass :)

that's why i mentioned the search function because this has been discussed often and is an important part, or the next thread would be "hey i've connected everything properly but the volume's too low and it sounds distorted" :)

get a phono amp or dj mixer to run ur tables thru from there run it to ur soundcardand record via ur favorite audio editor i wouldnt suggest using the NNXT tho sample based programs are much easier such as Acid or Fruity Loops

Back