How do you sample ? Software or Hardware.

K

KenSpliffeyJr

Sup FP ? I was just curious how people go about their sampling.
Do you do everything by software ? Or do you use a little bit of Software & Hardware ?

Personally, I use Ableton. I have used other programs but personally Ableton was the one that I felt was easiest to learn.
But as I got better with Ableton, learning new techniques, I find myself using the mouse more than anything. I don't even use a controller anymore unless I layer my drums.
I have Maschine, but to be totally honest I don't really use it. I understand it is a powerful tool, and the software has some pretty nice kits/sounds....
But I feel I dont need it.With that being said, would I be crazy to get rid of Maschine ? Or am I just not aware of its capabilities and the possibility that it can make my production better ?

I also use Ableton with no controllers or anything, but in my case it's out of necessity. I don't have any money for hardware (or, well, anything really) so I just use what I have. I've watched all of the Maschine tutorials though, and I would kill to have one. Of course, the grass is probably greener...

I use an Sp1200 and an MPC exported into FL studio ran through Live and then exported into Reason. I find it gives it just the right amount of coloring.

It really don't matter if you choose hardware or software beat machines. Sampling is just recording audio parts and playing back in time with the song. To learn how to sample a song, check out my topbeatmakingprogram blog.

I've done both. Its a pick your poison thing. Do you want something with some character and hands on aspects to it or do you want ease of use and more features that you can use. You can attempt to add character with plug ins but its not all the way there yet. That being said I still choose software right now but I have had quite a few hardware options and in fact still own my S3000 and my Mpc 2000 is in my closet broken haven't thought about it in a few years

i use fruity slicer! most important thing is to listen very good with sampling! first take control of the correct bpm and then slice!

Holy Shit. Thanks for the responses.
I learned that for ABLETON.......... Warping is key. Sampling on it can be a little confusing at first, but once you learn some key little features, the ball is in your court.

~ I understand what sampling is, and of course it does not matter how you make your beats just as long as they are fire at the end. But I was just curious to see what people were using.

I used FL and Edison for chopping for about 3 years, loved it and made some great beats.
I recently bout a Maschine and I'll never turn back haha. It cuts my chopping time in half and I can make beats in half the time.
Just my personal preference tho.

completely preference. using pads isn't gonna make your beats sound better. the tools are there to help you get your ideas out as quickly as possible so you don't forget what you were thinking.

Back