How do you get your samples to fit the pattern sequencer? (FL STUDIO)

umirinbrah

If anything is unclear or whatever let me know, gonna try explain it the best i can

OK, so I just chopped up a song in edison of the parts I wanna use...

It looks like this in slicex

ZQkqR.png

So then it automatically goes into the pattern thing, and then when I put chop 1 and 2 together, in the playlist thing it looks like this

XYaI8.png

So when I try fit a few other chops together in different patterns and put it together to form a complete song, it becomes messed up because the chops don't end on the second (red line) if you know what I mean? How would I be able to make the chops easily just fit bang on to each second

V89Jh.png

Time Stretch?
Ah, that could be it, I'll have to look up on how to do that later..

Thanks

---------- Post added 10-08-2012 at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-07-2012 at 01:35 AM ----------

I went back to edison, saved each individual chop/sample so it would be in the playlist. Then I moved each chop to an indvidiual track number in the track sequencer, time stretched the different chops, but they all play at different pitches and I don't know how to make them all the same pitch :/, when I repitch them it sounds messed up.

And I kinda wanted to time stretch the markers from slicex instead of using the audio samples from eidson but don't know how :/ jeez why am I finding this so confusing!

So basically your chops aren't as long as you want? Then take longer chops, adjust the tempo to one that works, or just play your chops different. Nothing crazy going on here.

So basically your chops aren't as long as you want? Then take longer chops, adjust the tempo to one that works, or just play your chops different. Nothing crazy going on here.

Right and when you timestretch make sure you select tonal instead of Resample to keep your original pitch.

I went back to edison, saved each individual chop/sample so it would be in the playlist. Then I moved each chop to an indvidiual track number in the track sequencer, time stretched the different chops, but they all play at different pitches and I don't know how to make them all the same pitch :/, when I repitch them it sounds messed up.
/right click/ > /reset/ on the pitch knob in the channel settings doesn't work?

I take a sample and open it in Edison..chop it up ..then right click on a pattern and insert the fruity slicer. I then drag the sample from the edison to the fruity slicer.Then I usually mess around with it and get it to loop properly by adjusting the timestrech and the tempo..After its looped properly I'll start adding some hats..and kicks and snares..adjust my swing to about 9(if there are drums and about 21 if there are no drums in the sample) I get a 2 to 4 bar sequence going and build from there..now when I have to add another chop from the edison I must take the tempo back up to 140bm(on Fl 9) and 130(on fl10) and then drag the chop to another fruity slicer pattern and then I take it back down to the tempo that the first chop was looping right on. Mess around with the timestrech and get it looping properly..Then add it to the arrangement..And I do the same for all the other chops from Edison

Last edited:
Back