how do you find your samples?

i hear different genres of music although it sometimes sounds strange to my ears. i think its also very important to hear music active and learn how to get into a music genre, try to understand the artist.

Spotify is actually a really really good source for finding samples, ive been using spotify for quite a long time. They way to do it is

Search your word, And go to playlist

For example, sometimes my mind is just, dead. like, i dont know what to search for. Result?
I end up writing ''cool'' in the search bar and then listen through peoples playlist named cool.

aint that ''cool''? lol

Usually i type in genres or just some keywords and trust me, its a great tool !

i look for movie original sound tracks on youtube (OST) if i find a cool instrumental i download it with youtube to mp3. about the mp3 to wav conversion you can just do that with itunes! edit>preferences>import settings> import using: wav encoder>ok>ok right click on the song and create wav version.

Record store. Cant beat the physical realm. The one i go to has players there to listen before you buy! Plop on a record...if i like the song i buy it! Really not much more than that!

I go for more a more abstract acapella based samples, as it brings a good finishing product with a different sound than just instrument sampling although this can come in handy sometimes when sampling jazz and old school funk and soul music.

Same as RemoKC. Still love to go diggin' and buy records. It's getting harder to find soul, funk and disco records in thrift shops but there's so much stuff out there. Just need to be patient.

Back