how do i hook a tape deck up 2 the pc for sampleing

You could be a little more specific.
What exactly do you want to do? Record sounds onto tape and then record them into your pc? Play music from a pre-recorded tape into your pc? Record music from your pc onto your tape deck?
What outputs and inputs does your tape deck have?

use a male to male stereo jack cable and connect it from the headphones to the line-in, then on soundforge or audacity or whatever you use to record, change the recorder setting from mic to line-in, hope that helps.

Last edited:
This is a great use of the sampling forum. Hooking up a tape deck to your PC is way easier than becoming a member of this forum, and posting the question. Use your brain man.

You seriously expect me to believe he didn't know how to take an typical RCA cable to his PC soundcard using an adaptor? And he wants to produce music...o.k. it's not being an ass (to me) to expect people to do basic reading before asking every little question. Some of the questions on this forum recently have amazed me. And i don't think these people really even care, they're just playing us. Not trying to be an ass, but people realize this is a job/competition right? No, I'm not gonna read the manual for you and tell you how to do it. No, I'm not gonna give you my samples. Yes, I am going to help you after you've put in basic work and now you've hit a stumbling block.

Go to the library, search Google, but don't expect people to do your work. Not trying to be an ass, but please. Really.

:D hey guerillafunk, you into Paris? I can't help but think of him a little when I see your nickname.:) he was tha sh*t.

man you know it, paris was on point back in the day, ill beats, ill rhymes (violent ass rhymes :D ), yup, def was, glad i'm not the only one.

hell yeah. I want those violent ass rhymes to come back! I personally love violent, political-type rap. Devil made me do it never gets old to me.

Back