How do I find the tempo of a song?

K

King Zulu

Im having problems finding the tempo of a song, i use acid 5.0 to chop up samples but when i open up acid, the default setting for the tempo is 120.00? Please help me get over this and if theres an easier way to finding the tempo please let me know?

well I don't have that program I use Recycle or my MPC to find the tempo if needed. What you wanna do is chop that sample down to 4 bar loop and see if that program will calculate the tempo, if not oh well, better get recycle.

actually, if you're using acid 5.0, make sure that you have "beatmap wizard" checked in your options. then when you open up a new file it will be there. then you adjust the metronome to the correct tempo, that's it.

damn, i most be old school, because i still listen to the song at regular speed, start tapping my feet to the first beat, get my stop watch ready, click the button and start counting until i reached thirty and multiply by two.

right click the track in acid , if it's a short sample (up to 32 bars) it will say use loop tempo of.. that's the bpm of that sample long tracks (over 32 bars) use the beatmapper wizard.

Mako

newhouselabel said:
right click the track in acid , if it's a short sample (up to 32 bars) it will say use loop tempo of.. that's the bpm of that sample long tracks (over 32 bars) use the beatmapper wizard.

I co-sign on that. That's the easiest way that i know how to do it without breaking out a calculator and a protractor!

click on the tempo bar hold it

and by the track there should be this coulorthing that will move when you click the tempo bar

here a pic i made so you can understand right

acidprogfdgwk7.jpg

o damn i mean you gotta hold on the tempo bar not just click

Last edited:
Back