How do artist find the best samples?

Once you get a placement you receive a link to a private page with high quality rips of all the best samples.

e-dig.. but picking the right sample really is something you have to have instilled into you? the perfect sample changes from person to person.. it's something you have to have an ear for.. not something that can really be explained feel me

The perfect sample is the one you're feeling at the time you hear it. Once it gets your juices flowing, and you feel that spark of creativity it's the perfect sample in that moment.

Last edited:
the perfect sample for me, is when I can already envision the final result before I even open my DAW.

Stop listening to hiphop.
Listen to other genres daily, thats how you learn who to sample.
You know whats good in hip hop because you listen everyday.

the perfect sample for me, is when I can already envision the final result before I even open my DAW.
Yes. But, The perfect sample should also have some parts you dont expect to be used, only to enhance everything by surprise when playing around with those parts. That part of the process, for me is what makes a sample perfect. A perfect song to sample should have open parts, kick, snare, hat, bongo on the intro whatever..along with the main song. Now, To turn a whole song into something completely different, would be dope. If the beat is succesfull, you've found the perfect sample

Thread starter: What type of samples are you looking for? remember u can use a bunch of different samples to make a beat, you dont need that perfect sample every time you make a beat.. and, a totally perfect sample, you just wont find it…

Last edited:
Good sample always know how they want it to sound before they start

tbh, I pick my samples not based on the end-result, but based on wether the sample gives me a certain feeling and then i start figuring out how i'm going to flip it and how to capture that feeling. so yeah i don't always know how i want it to sound from the start. I think the best samplers don't always know exactly what something is gonna sound like from the start, but they know how to make something sound the way they want to.

Yeah that's true. I feel people who are really good at sampling have the power not to let the sample direct where the beat is going but instead mold and place the sample how they like.
Other than that I'd say there's no such thing as "good" samples. Only music you feel and not.

Honestly, you have to know what kind of feeling and genre you whant....then just constantly listen to that kind of music...thats how i get mine

the perfect sample is any useful sound that fits your idea for the instrumental you are trying to create.

its any sound that grabs you, invoke feeling and provokes a creation process in which the finished product makes you happy.

your question is so broad that you cant pinpoint what the perfect sample is. if you have an idea and you find a sound and can manipulate in a way that it can bring your idea to life then that should be perfect for you.

Back