How did they edit this sample?

Vari

Hey,

this is killing me for days now :D

Im currently working on my first big remake of a rap song. While i got 99% of the sound design down as to where it almost sounds like a perfect instrumental, im stuck at one thing.

The original song uses a sample of a foreign woman singing in the intro. This is what it sounds like:

Vocaroo | Voice message

After days and days of trying to find the sample, i finally found it 2 days ago.

YouTube (At around 8 seconds)

I noticed that the sample in the rap song goes like B - G - G - A - F# note wise.

If you listen closely though, you can hear that they've probably edited different parts of the sample together.

The first two notes (B to G) are found @ the 8 second mark of the video, but i dont know where the rest comes from.

Do you have any suggestions as to how this can be edited to sound like the original? It bothers me soooooo much because i got the rest of the song point perfect.

Edit: My dumb bum just realized that in the original rap song posted above, there is a small window in which the rapper doesnt sing and you can hear the sample clearly. I think im just going to cut it out of the original song if i dont manage to get it done.

Last edited:
Back