Thread: How did they edit this sample?

Thanks

How did they edit this sample?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey,

this is killing me for days now

Im currently working on my first big remake of a rap song. While i got 99% of the sound design down as to where it almost sounds like a perfect instrumental, im stuck at one thing.

The original song uses a sample of a foreign woman singing in the intro. This is what it sounds like:

Vocaroo | Voice message

After days and days of trying to find the sample, i finally found it 2 days ago.

YouTube (At around 8 seconds)

I noticed that the sample in the rap song goes like B - G - G - A - F# note wise.

If you listen closely though, you can hear that they've probably edited different parts of the sample together.

The first two notes (B to G) are found @ the 8 second mark of the video, but i dont know where the rest comes from.

Do you have any suggestions as to how this can be edited to sound like the original? It bothers me soooooo much because i got the rest of the song point perfect.

Edit: My dumb bum just realized that in the original rap song posted above, there is a small window in which the rapper doesnt sing and you can hear the sample clearly. I think im just going to cut it out of the original song if i dont manage to get it done.
    Last edited by Vari; 02-13-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks
    they used 2 maybe 3 different chops, just keep listening to find each chop and than do the same

Thread Information