How to create a sample library?

4-Getta

Hello, I want to make a library out of my piano.
What I know is:

-How to record it
-I have to make 3-4 takes with different velocity from each key

But how do I make a library out of those samples?
Is there any program that is letting me creare something like Kontakt libraries or something? :cry:

making sample libraries

it's not rocket science or anything, just do whatever's convenient for yourself... it's just a matter of how 'anal' you are about file organization... it also depends on how detailed you want to get... there's no rules, just think and do what works best for you... i don't use 'kontakt' so i'm not really sure about what you're saying there... but i mean, just store your samples the way you want to... if you're looking for certain 'ideas', you can sort samples by artist, genre, year, bpm, etc...

mic the instruments and record them as samples making librarys are a bi tch unless ur makin drums and even then unless theyre multisampled can be a pain in the ass just buy them

These days there's software that'll multisample your triton or whatever automaticly but piano?! I think you should invest in some software with decent piano samples rather than multisampling a real one. It will save you time and money...unless you already have the needed equipment...

bR1 said:
These days there's software that'll multisample your triton or whatever automaticly but piano?! I think you should invest in some software with decent piano samples rather than multisampling a real one. It will save you time and money...unless you already have the needed equipment...

How is that gonna save hime money if he has to go buy a Vsti? that makes no sence, he has the software, and nuthin beats the real thing if recorded correctly. Witch i think is dope, Dude holla at me when you record them Sh*ts i wanna sample...lol

Adlib311 said:
How is that gonna save hime money if he has to go buy a Vsti? that makes no sence, he has the software, and nuthin beats the real thing if recorded correctly. Witch i think is dope, Dude holla at me when you record them Sh*ts i wanna sample...lol

that stuff on the top of your sig looks like skeet

annoynomis hatten outta no were...lol...now i remember why i stop messin with message boards.

This is a hip hop site.

Its funny how another man will tell another what skeet looks like

Recording a piano depends on lots of factors, the mics you have available, the type of piano, how the piano itself sounds, the room you'll be recording in. Pianos are so grand in their soundsacpe that you don't really hear the full sound until you're a few feet away. You could try it with one mic set to omni. You'll probably need more velocity layers than that, atleast 7 I'd imagine, think ivory has 10(?). As for making a library, yeah Kontakt will be fine for that.

Thx for not replying useful :)
Anyways I wanted to know how to make a library out of the samples, I've allready recorded the piano so far. I got Sample libraries like Kontakt and Sampletank but hey...I don't want to have the ones you and everybody else has. I got my own now. Think about it. Peace....

Adlib311 said:

Because you need expensive mics and a decent recording room to get anywhere near to the sound of a quality vst....And what do you think the sound designers of EastWest for example recorded if not "the real thing"?

Back