How 2 Look for sampels

kladio

Hi i was wondering if u guys can help me am looking for some vocal sampels and what artist 2 look for somthing like kyne west dose on his lil vocal thing if u guys now what am saying the lil vocal his got on throw the wire tune.

just look for soul records and when u find the vocal you like speed the pitch up so it will sound like what kanye west does and try aretha franklin
the temptations what ever it does not have to be some big name even if it is a man vocal when u speed it up it all sounds the same

kladio said:
wold u guys name some artist plss
the fun in sampling is that u find ur own samples. its ok to ask what someone else has sampled if they are ur friends its not ok to ask what should I sample. find ur own stuff. or sample Brandy.

kladio said:
Hi i was wondering if u guys can help me am looking for some vocal sampels and what artist 2 look for somthing like kyne west dose on his lil vocal thing if u guys now what am saying the lil vocal his got on throw the wire tune.

No offense, but why do want to do what Kanye does? Damn, that high pitch sh*t drives me nuts, especially when other producers besides Kanye do it! I'm not saying he invented the speeded up sample thing but it's definitely his trade mark.

hahaha throw the wire

try some frank sinatra, his voice is the main instrument on most his records so the music doesn't really get in the way

most guys who are really good samplists tend to have alot of records and also a really good knowledge of music...

if your on a market or junk shop anywhere like that and you see some old records like funk, soul jazz, r+b if they are cheap just buy em up...

sometimes you may have friends or family who are chucking vinyl away...you could get a batch of stuff for free...

the key to finding good samples is collecting and listenting to records

breakbeat-cafe said:
most guys who are really good samplists tend to have alot of records and also a really good knowledge of music...

if your on a market or junk shop anywhere like that and you see some old records like funk, soul jazz, r+b if they are cheap just buy em up...

sometimes you may have friends or family who are chucking vinyl away...you could get a batch of stuff for free...

the key to finding good samples is collecting and listenting to records

chuuuch...

cant expect someone to just spoonfeed you the **** they pounded into thier brains to learn.....just listen to everything...thats all i can tell you.....start with the basics....(the **** your parents listen to).....and then work your way out from there......you look at the back or inserts of records....check the credits...if the keyboard on a certain record was crazy dope then find out the name of the keyboardist and then find more records that they worked on.....same thing with producers/composers/songwriters......thats how you build up your digging knowledge...after a while you end up with your own web of artists that you sample and it becomes YOUR OWN knowledge pool....

LiQuiD6 said:

chuuuch...

cant expect someone to just spoonfeed you the **** they pounded into thier brains to learn.....just listen to everything...thats all i can tell you.....start with the basics....(the **** your parents listen to).....and then work your way out from there......you look at the back or inserts of records....check the credits...if the keyboard on a certain record was crazy dope then find out the name of the keyboardist and then find more records that they worked on.....same thing with producers/composers/songwriters......thats how you build up your digging knowledge...after a while you end up with your own web of artists that you sample and it becomes YOUR OWN knowledge pool....

I've been sampling for a while and never thought of that. Damn, that's good advice. The problem w/me though is that I aint' got no patience to be lookin' @ credits and then go to the record store to look @ the back of records to search for a particular artist. I prefer to just gather a whole bunch of un-heard of sh*t.

basixxx said:

I've been sampling for a while and never thought of that. Damn, that's good advice. The problem w/me though is that I aint' got no patience to be lookin' @ credits and then go to the record store to look @ the back of records to search for a particular artist. I prefer to just gather a whole bunch of un-heard of sh*t.
google

Illastrate said:
try doing something different!!!!!
cant agree with that more bro if your copying someone that closely in terms of the records they have sampled then all your gonna succeed in doing is makin a v.poor imatation. Try listenin to your mums cds,your nans dusty vinyl anything and everything you can get your hands on

Back