Hi there, I'm a web developer and I've built a new web app I think you'll love!

dangerouslylazy

Here's the link: http://samplefocus.com

It's totally free. Essentially I'd like to build the world's most organized sample library by algorithmically analyzing samples and providing the best sample tagging and organizational system I believe that's out there. I would love any feedback and critique that you may have! I originally built this for myself after being sick of having an unorganized sample library and I think it could help anyone make music faster.

Happy to answer any questions you may have. Happy Friday!

You made this? it looks really great. i like the layout and its so nice that the sample plays when you hover your mouse over it. really cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

This sounds like a very nice idea, I will be sure to check this out. What a great idea man, thank you for putting time and effort into something like this, nice idea!

Last edited:
You made this? it looks really great. i like the layout and its so nice that the sample plays when you hover your mouse over it. really cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

I did. Thanks a lot for checking it out! Always looking for feedback to make it better so please don't hesitate to let me know what needs work. I'm working on this almost full time.

Cheers!

This is gold man. The UI is very clean. Pretty fun just to browse for sounds... great job. Will be on the look out

Looks awesome. I was trying to listen to some samples on my iphone but couldn't figure out how. I signed up, but didn't receive any replies. So, the only feedback I can provide for now is that it looks awesome.

Looks awesome. I was trying to listen to some samples on my iphone but couldn't figure out how. I signed up, but didn't receive any replies. So, the only feedback I can provide for now is that it looks awesome.

Send me a PM if you still haven't gotten the invite ;). I believe it should have been sent out a while ago.

Also playback on mobile should be much better now!

This really great thanks! So i can upload my own sounds?

Yes please do! Make sure you are logged in and then just click the 'Upload' tab up in the nav bar. You can drag and drop multiple .wav files at once if you like.Please tag the sounds appropriately and the approval process should be very quick.

Just take a look at the library for guidance as to naming, tagging, and quality expectations. Once they're approved you'll be able to see which sounds were found to be Similar and which were found to be complimentary!

Back