Help With Stretching Samples!

K

King Zulu

ANYBODY HERE KNOW HOW TO STRETCH A SAMPLE, LIKE IF I SAMPLED A SECOND OF A GUITAR LICK, HOW CAN I MAKE IT SO THAT IT PLAYS FOR 8 BARS, AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT TIME STRETCHING BECAUSE IF I DID THAT THAN IT WOULD SLOW THE SAMPLE DOWN AND IF I WAS TO PITCH SHIFT IT TO FIX IT, IT WOULD ECHO IT AND MESS IT UP, AT LEAST THATS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I TRIED IT, I WAS TOLD THAT THIS TECHNIQUE IS USED BY JUST BLAZE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW HE DOES IT. IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS WRITE ME BACK:monkey:

Looping Would Be For If I Got A Bar Or 2 Bars Of Something,but If I Was To Just Loop A Note Its Not Gonna Sound Like The Key Was Actually Was Held Down When The Song Was Being Made Beacuse It Sounds Different When You First Hit The Key Then Hold It Then,if It Was To Be Looped Your Gonna Hear When The Key Was Hit Over And Over Again,if Not Sure Of What Im Talking About You Can Hear This In Some Of The Songs By Just Blaze Like "pump It Up" Or " You Dont Know" In Pump It Up Your Can Hear How The Horns Keeps Playing For Like 4 Bars Meanwhile The Drums Are Hitting.

don't loop the whole sound, just the middle/sustained part. if all else fails, give this a shot.

in my opinion, stretching/shifting is garbage. face it: you're just clutching at straws, and the sample is trash. move on. :)

if you listen closer you can hear the horn on "pump it up" being re-triggered a bunch of times, with an organ sound in the background covering it up.

Time stretching is garbage?! you must be maaddd....
That info about looping the sustained part is correct though

Back