Help With Sample and drums

tjacks10

Im using FL studio/Slicerx w/MPD26. ive chopped up the sample in slicerx, found the OG tempo and didnt pitch it up or down at all. in the pattern the sample loops back correctly, but my issue is when im playing my drum pattern while recording(with metronome) it sounds right but when i play it back its completely off. i chopped each sample at the kick and the snare parts. ive tried it with swing and no swing and it wont match up. i was thinking it could be latency; i have it set on 256 using FL studio ASIO.

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like a latency issue.

Try reducing your buffer size.
ill try that out. might need another interface. i have it set to 256 which is the lowest for FlStudioASIO. Another off topic question, do the hardware mpcs experience any latency??

1.What audio interface do you have already
2.What is your processor
3.what is your ram
4.what is your harddrive speed
5.did you try asio4all

1.What audio interface do you have already? on board soundmax integrated digital audio 2.What is your processor? Intel pentium D cpu 3.40ghz 3.39 ghz 3.what is your ram? 3.49 usable 64bit 4.what is your harddrive speed?? idk. its a 1TB internal 5.did you try asio4all
i just switched to it and lowered the settings . i just read this. Optimizing Your System, Improving Performance, and Managing Latency : Akai Professional - Iconic music production gear, including the legendary MPC . its was settings for Cubase LE so i figured that would apply for FL studio?? im bout to check now 128 or 192 for ultra low latency. Use this when monitoring MIDI or Guitar input through a VST instrument or Plugin.

I use studio one and reason, messed with alot of other daws as well, this applies to all of them they all have that asio setting, it's integral.

Cpu matters as well.

Back