help me understand sampling.. u pros!

D

DJ KooLKiD

sup guys. i am still quite un-guided and still somewhat confused when it comes to sampling.
here is my situation:
ok i am getting an eps fom ensoniq (hopefully soon) and i want to sample using all kinds of mediums: vinyl, cd, and cassette. (also wanna sample from vhs and dvd to use some movie clips)

so to basically sample from all these different types of mediums i would run the line outs out of the cassette deck, cd player/recorder, turnatble, dvd player, etc and plug it into the line in to my mixer? (i still dont have a mixer, but looking at the mackie 1604vlz pro)

and then sample it straight into my eps?... am i getting this str8?

please help me out! thanks!

Yeah you got the ides, turntable > mixer > sampler....hey dont you have an Edirol PCR-1 ? How is the soundcard and the sounds it comes with ? I was thinking about getting one.

sorry its supposed to say idea. Having the mixer hooked up before the sampler helps out to especially if you wanna take out the highs, mids, or lows in a sample.

u got the right idea. just get some good cables (i suggest mogami if u can afford them) and a decent mixer (stay away from behringer) and u will be set.

Back