Help me with this sampling ish!!

Prosthetic

The One-Armed Bastard
So after my whole producing career I've been originally composing, I've decided to finally learn how to make sampled beats. My current project I'm working on is making a beat out of The Show Must Go On by Queen. So far I guess I got something going on... but I know I could do alot better. I think I need to learn how to chop up the samples better, well thats part of it at least... Here's what I got going on so far:

Empty Spaces (unfinished) by Prosthetic Productions on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This is far from over... Still missing snares and some more little things. Plus like I said I think I could chop it better.

I use FL Studio 10. I take the samples using Edison, and load em onto FPC and control it with my MIDI keyboard. Anybody got any tips to share when sampling with FL? I really wanna get this down... Gracias

Last edited:
you should try fruity slicer. i used to use the fpc and dragging the samples was somewhat irritating,with the fruity slicer you can set it to work like the fpc. that is unless you have a mpd or something the maybe the fpc is the way to go, i use a keyboard controller.

I chop them up in Edison and drag that into Slicex. Once it's in Slicex I'll adjust the markers and the MPK Mini will play each of those different chops labeled with a marker with it's keys. Thats how I usually do it.

Back