Help finding BPM of Adele - Turning Tables

BeatMakerMan

Okay, for around two weeks I've been trying to flip that song but i'm encountered a problem I've never encountered before. I can't find the BPM! I've tapped it out so many times and got 156 bpm. Though every time I set the piece to that bpm never matches the metronome or the drums! I need to find the bpm as I'm looping the beginning piano...

Anyone else encountered this problem with this song piece or another song piece? If so how do I fix it?

Thanks..

Literally searched "Adele turning tables bpm" into google and first thing that comes up is what you're looking for...

78 bpm.

you can always assign the sample to a pad(if you're using an MPC)...hit play/rec and play the sample as the metronome is going....then you can make your adjustments there...i.e if it is to fast or to slow adjust you ur BPM accordingly....good luck man

Can you read? I got the bpm but for some reason it isn't matching the metronome.

So you originally spend the whole first post saying you need help finding the bpm and now you say you're saying you have the bpm. And 78 (which is the bpm of the song, what you're looking for) is not the same as 156 (obviously).

Try taking it slower and multiplying whatever slow works by 2, so essentially it'd be in cut time and give you the faster bpm you're looking for.

So you originally spend the whole first post saying you need help finding the bpm and now you say you're saying you have the bpm. And 78 (which is the bpm of the song, what you're looking for) is not the same as 156 (obviously).

Try taking it slower and multiplying whatever slow works by 2, so essentially it'd be in cut time and give you the faster bpm you're looking for.

78+78 = 156 which is the same bpm... just doubled... i double mine like many producers... lol.

you can always assign the sample to a pad(if you're using an MPC)...hit play/rec and play the sample as the metronome is going....then you can make your adjustments there...i.e if it is to fast or to slow adjust you ur BPM accordingly....good luck man

Yeah, I'll try that mate, thanks.

What I do is use a stopwatch to get both the length and tempo, it tends to be more accurate than the default way tap tempo is set up, like when you use tap tempo you usually tap from beat to beat, so like 5 taps per bar vs 2 taps for an entire bar using the stopwatch...it's all about dividing out the errors, working at x2 tempo can also improve accuracy provided you get lucky....but I prefer to just figure shit out so it works how I want it to work.

Sometimes a song will not be an exact tempo like it could be 78.5 BPM in which case doubling the tempo could turn out to be a shitty idea, like even if it's just a little bit out it's going to skew towards the end when snapped at the front, i.e. your beats wont line up, then again some songs just have shitty timing where the tempo drifts or they have swung notes which will not conform to a grid, but the trick is once you know how to work with tempos and lengths you don't tend to trip yourself up.

Oh yeah, another thing that sucks ass is trying to set loop points by nudging markers around this is because you are constantly determining your own incorrect point of reference.

hopefully it works out for ya!

And yes...a lot of people double up their BPMs when making a beat...not sure why..I guess it is just a feel thing..i've done it before....I find it works better for laying down samples...especially if they are shorter samples...

hopefully it works out for ya!

And yes...a lot of people double up their BPMs when making a beat...not sure why..I guess it is just a feel thing..i've done it before....I find it works better for laying down samples...especially if they are shorter samples...

Basically you end up working at a different resolution like at 78 BPM 1 bar is 1.387 seconds long, at twice the project tempo it's still 1.387 seconds long but it now fits 2 bars with more divisions.

thanks for the technical explanation! That always helps me out!

good lookin out

Last edited:
Back