Help Finding Artists to sample from

maurtaza

Hey im new to sampling and digging. When i do by chance find a song to sample im happy with the final product but i really dont know of to many artist in the genre im looking for and was hoping some of you can give me a list of artists so i can start going threw there music. Im looking for Blues and Soul Artists.

Thanks.

Hello there, I strongly recommend that you entered discogs.com, then "Explore", then or the left side you choose a genre, or a subgenre. That really is a VERY HUGE database :)

Dig! Dig! Dig! Also youtube has proven to be very useful to me. Ill look up an artist or song and then go through the related videos, one video leads to another, and another, and another. i cant tell you how many samples ive found at random by just searching a completely different song. Also, dont limit yourself to just one genre. Listen to everything and i mean EVERYTHING. GoodLuck

Dig! No one wants to work anymore!? Craziness. Took me 10 years before I got my sound down, chopping correct, etc.

Get a portable turntable & hit the thrift store, go on YouTube, etc. youll find what you are looking for... but you gotta work at it.

pick a country, research it's musical background and search for artists in the styles that you enjoy :)

Dig! No one wants to work anymore!? Craziness. Took me 10 years before I got my sound down, chopping correct, etc.

Get a portable turntable & hit the thrift store, go on YouTube, etc. youll find what you are looking for... but you gotta work at it.
i feel you man, i been at it 2-3 years roughly and still got a LONG way to go.

Maybe you should stay related to artists that you like and search in that direction,but i think there is no future in sampling soul everything is just used i love sampling soul but i try to find similar thing to soul that is just not used that much.Good luck with your digging :)

Back