help with beat tape!!!

mylesp510

i am making my first beat tape and i was wondering how do you guys structure beats for a beat tape? i was thinking of doing a intro, have a chorus, do a verse, the chorus again and an outro.

Il would do intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/outro just like the regular tracks. This gives mc´s the opportunity to also do their thing on it!

Peace

Depends if the beat tape is for potential MCs or a "listening" tape. If it's for MCs then all the beats should be song ready. If it's just for listening then I'd make the beats short and to the point so people don't lose interest.

dont use full beats, just 1-2 minute long, and it also depends what kinda producer you are, if you sample and chop then just straight beats would be good (thats what i do) or if youre more mainstream a intro - verse - hook - fade out would work

Last edited:
dont use full beats, just 1-2 minute long, and it also depends what kinda producer you are, if you sample and chop then just straight beats would be good (thats what i do) or if youre more mainstream a intro - verse - hook - fade out would work
That's what i do, Intro-verse-chorus-fade out or sometimes
Intro-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Fade out
just to give people a basic idea how the beat goes

Back