Help on the AKAI MPC

Austin Ferrari

ok so im pretty fresh to the akai mpc 2500. but i had a important question. if i make a beat on the mpc, and i have all my seq's in order in song mode.. what do i do next. like to finalize it, what do people do. do they save it on the mpc mem card then put it somewgere else or what. im confused. like lets take for example swizz beatz. when he makes a beat what does he do. record it into pro tools or what. HElp anybody. thanks much

It really depends on the sampler first off as to what comes next... I actually don't even put my sequences into a song mode on my 1000. I usually wait until I track the beat in ProTools. One of the reasons is that I can hook up midi to my MPC and really quickly record each sequence (8 to 16 bars) for each track. This way I can do any song editing and mixing in ProTools...

You don't need to make multiple threads to get your answer.

Like dudes have told you in both the threads, you'll need to record your tracks to somewhere. A software DAW is the easiest solution.

Get 1/4" jacks and hook them from your mpc's audio outs to your audio interfaces ins.

Back