Having trouble sampling with FL 6. Plz help!!

Can anyone explain to me how to go about sampling in FL6? I go to the slicer and everything, but when I push a button to play the sound, it sounds distorted. Usually what I do is cut about 15 seconds of the joint I want to sample and play it from the slicer...However, it doesn't give me that "Ginuwine" sample sound...It sounds more like the track is skipping or "clicking" when I play it. Can someone please give me a step by step on how to do this.

Krazyjay
http://www.myspace.com/krazyjay84

Check your bpm when you load samples into the slicer because the sample will automatically change to fit the project tempo. Which may be why it sounds distorted. If you change your project's tempo to that of your sample's it should playback smoothly.

Last edited:
Search this site for "The Definitive Guide To Sampling In FL 5/6". There is a video in there, Just read thru. It should help.

You cut 15 sec? That`s too much and a too lazy way to do it. I usually make drum loops in adobe audition mark their bpm and then open it in Fruity slicer and then I make a zgr file with the Zero X Beatslicer.
Slicer`s engine or whatever you want to call it, is made to cut beats, if you have a sample in there which contains some strings or some sound that sustains through the whole loop you will hear clicks and pops...

hope this answers your questions

yeah man i am a fruity loops advocate. i believe that everyone should utilize it's greatness. the slicer is good but it takes up a lot of cpu power; more ram=smoother performance on the more memory consuming plugins. I mostly cut up my samples in an outside program. like soundforge,acid,etc. there is a slicer in soundforge and you can control the parameters more easily. then i just import the waves.

Back