Having a problem chopping samples on maschine

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, as the title says I am having problems with chopping samples up in maschine. Mainly samples with drums. For example, a beat I am working on I found a 4 bar loop that is perfect. I cut it out of the song and loop and time stretch it to 4 bars. Now I am using the slice function to chop the loop into 16 or 32 different chops to make the drums sound on time. The problem is when I do this it makes the actual notes on the piano roll for each chop fall off quantization time. They are either too long on some or too short or start early or start late or whatever. Basically if I quantize or adjust the notes there then begins to have this spaces and lapses in between the flow of the loop and what not. I know this is kind of confusing because I am very confused myself but this is a big problem for me atm and any advice would be of great use! My DAW I use along with my maschine 2 studio is Pro Tools just in case this helps. I am trying to have the loop chopped up and be on time with the drums so they can be covered with my own drums but the quantization on the piano roll keeps messing up after i chop it and I can't export it on to Pro Tools. Thanks!

Back