Have we become that lazy?

well, i work two jobs, and i've been repairing my house for last 6months....so time is an issue for me. also, i have to drive 25 kilometres if i wanna check the nearest digging spot.

but i kinda do understand what you mean.

Word. I hope no one took this as me bashing e-digging, while i don't do it i wouldn't tell anyone not too. Technology just molds society's way of life. It makes it easy, i get that. But that's the point, it's so easy i never understood how anyone could just beg for so much. I'm just waiting for the "want to make beats for me?" posts

As far as e-digging goes, no one is saying "Not" to do it but at least give yourself the oppurtunity to go digging at least once in your life. I'm in it more for discovering some great music and when I hear something sample-worthy I'll research the artist and hit discogs or ebay. Then I'll create a list of albums I want when I go out digging. Funny story...I added an album called Burchfield 9's by Michael Franks to my list and sure enough while out digging the dollar bins guess what I find... YEP! lol. The feeling was awesome. And that's why I love digging. For that feeling.

I'm new & I've haven't even done any real digging yet. but yes that seems very lazy.. & I think kinda defeats the purpose of sampling..where's the fun in asking someone what you should sample? to me digging (the little bit I've done) is the best part music is endless.. there are golden samples evvvvveerrrryyywhhheeerreee... & if you feel the need to ask other people what you should sample or where to look or whatever...your hearts not in it. = /

Diggin itself is fun and not hard at all.
i went to flea markets and took like 100 records at a time for about $20.
the really hard part is cleaning all the records when you bought them. and glueing the covers back together and shit. who agree's?

digging for vinyl is the best passtime for me. How could you not want to look for vinyl? You get a warm sound, learn more about artists you wouldn't have heard of otherwise. It's like homework for me. It's great.

Meh.

Give them their fish to eat for the day. You know they won't really do sh*t with it.

Those who make the best music (IMO) are generally those with a greater appreciation and passion for music.

Even those who e-dig (I do it every once in a while) can get put on to some crazy good music by getting their feet wet.

I suggest that every time a poster asks for a sample, everyone replies with "Bob James - Nautilus".

Who cares what anybosy does, who asked what, who's lazy.
Just do you, what other people are doing isn't make you better as a producer or make you advance, so who cares.

I only focus on what I'm doing...If someone has a thread about who sampled this, or what genre should I sample from...big deal.

This site really helps the newbies...when you're new, ur overloade with info, ur brain is going crazy, you have a million questions and thoughts and you almost don't even know where to start. These lazy tendencies and questions will occur.

Don't think it's worth wasting energy on. Everyone has opinions on what's lazy. I think the way certain people make beats are lazy, but it is what it is.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

If they ask for a sample...what are they going to do??? Make a #1 and get rich of the sample you suggested. Probably not, they're asking because they have little experience and they're looking for a good sample to work or practice with. They can just go on the FLIP THIS threads and see them there.

I would just not give them any ideas in case they blow up...:4theloveofgod:

For the sake of this entire forum, i'm sure a lot of people care about the vast amount of posts seeking information. It just gets to a point where every post begins to repeat previous ones as if none of the new people did research. A large portion of questions being asked have been answered several times over. And you even added to my point, a lot of samples they may be searching for are already in the Flip This thread but they rather have it brought to them opposed to them seeking it out theirselves.

^^^^ No doubt, but when you first start out, ur anxious, impatient, overwhelmed, it's just how it is.

I look back at questions I've asked myself and scratch my head.

Best thing is go to the FLIP ThIS section, I used to go there everyday and listen to everything that was posted that day. The Sample and the FLIP.
Any samples I'd love I'd try out, sometimes I wouldn't care for the sample but the flip s crazy so I'd see what I can do.

Same thing goes with music theory. Someone the other day asked,
"what's the dirty south scale?" I call it the magic scale.
Well it doesn't exist, just another new up and coming dude looking for quick answers.
I could have told him F#minor and it would have meant nothing to him. You learn as you progress that a lot of questions you ask no one can answer, and even with the answers you still can't do much cause you can't apply it.

I get why people would think others are lazy asking for sounds but in all honesty it's pretty harmless just asking for suggestions for tunes. Especially if you don't know many other producers

I get why people would think others are lazy asking for sounds but in all honesty it's pretty harmless just asking for suggestions for tunes. Especially if you don't know many other producers

Agreed, it really is harmless, I always wondered why people would get emotional when asked what they would call " a stupid or lazy question"
It really is harmless and doesn't affect anyone, I actually like when I can help or give ideas, gives you a sense that you've learned something and came a long way.

Only thing I could think of is that they're insecure, and they think by them helping you maybe you'll surpass them??? lol I don't get it.

If you asked someone like Just Blaze for help, he'd sit down with you and break it down and give you all sorts of secrets and tips, regardless of your experience and how "dumb" the questions is.
It's cause he's content with what he does, by him helping you he feels no way.

But when you ask someone who is a non factor and doesn't actually know much, they get uptight...it's like figure it out on your own...

Back