Have we become that lazy?

Flying Guillotine

Sample surgeon
I get the point of this website being a junction for up and coming beat makers to interact but to me its seems like a corner for bums to beg. Everyone wants a handout when it comes to samples. Where do i find this, whats the name of some artist from this genre, this decade. Is digging that tough? Especially those who "E-dig". How hard is it to type into google and youtube? Or is everyone jumping in this game with absolutely no prior knowledge?

while i agree that people are getting lazier and some songs/samples are obvious based on lyrical content i propose to you the issue of instrumental sampling... ^^;;

while i agree that people are getting lazier and some songs/samples are obvious based on lyrical content i propose to you the issue of instrumental sampling... ^^;;

And I propose to you the idea of WhoSampled. Literally has never failed me thus far.

I get the point of this website being a junction for up and coming beat makers to interact but to me its seems like a corner for bums to beg. Everyone wants a handout when it comes to samples. Where do i find this, whats the name of some artist from this genre, this decade. Is digging that tough? Especially those who "E-dig". How hard is it to type into google and youtube? Or is everyone jumping in this game with absolutely no prior knowledge?

Yes. Technology has made us lazier. I never imagined that I would enjoy "diggin in the crates" as much as I do but every weekend I'm at a thrift store, goodwill, salvation army or just random record store I can find. The guys on here who beg for samples, blogs, kits are generally those fast-food beat makers and want everything NOW. That's the society we've become unfortunately.

Yes, we have.

Now kan I get me summa dem free-beets, yo? Pluz, I need sum new smaples n vst's...

GJ

some people might feel like there's no need to get their hands dusty and spend time and money on real digging, since there's 10x easier and cheaper ways to get samples. i personally do it because of the feeling..nothing beats real digging. and i'm on dollar bins all the time, so money is not the issue. however, time is....

Last edited:
I always felt if you are passionate enough to do something, time is never an issue. But if people are just trying to do this as a hobby, by all means, use what ever method you like because in the end it doesn't matter.

I always felt if you are passionate enough to do something, time is never an issue. But if people are just trying to do this as a hobby, by all means, use what ever method you like because in the end it doesn't matter.

well, i work two jobs, and i've been repairing my house for last 6months....so time is an issue for me. also, i have to drive 25 kilometres if i wanna check the nearest digging spot.

but i kinda do understand what you mean.

i dont think theres anything wrong with e digging if you are in a position where vinyl digging is harder. but to me vinyl is much better and more fun. people have become so lazy with everything though. theres so many people on here to lazy to even check the forum before they post about: digging, how do i chop?/what samples to sample? etc. its scary how many dudes there are that have no musicality other than the fact that theyve figured out the pattern sequencer on fruity loops. (nothing again fruity loops though)

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

i saw a thread also asking if every record was on youtube...... seriously?

lol at how many more of those threads i was talking about have popped up in like the past 2 days. cats STILL asking people to give them names of artists to sample

Back