Has a big name producer ever used a sample that you used first?

Vado - Large on the streets < as soon as i was almost done with it, i went to my cousins house to play madden and he got me hip to the damn song lls i was mad as **** and he laughed

50 cent - I get money--- I sat on the beat for 2 years cause apex was on soundclick selling it for 1$ LLS SMFH when it hit radio niggas was like "DAMN"

but like homie says, if you been producing for a while, it will happen!!

its just like when you hear some shit and notice it was sample for another song like
I hear i a micheal jackson song and i say the first 8 seconds was sampled on big punisher - "your not a killer" and it ****ed me up! like "Damn!!! this whole time??" but thats in Visa versa naw mean part of the game

Never happend to me, but wat happend several times is when i sample a joint and then realize that its been sampled b4.. Kinda sucks but watever.. we sample records anyway

I've fooled around with making beats on and off for a couple years, mostly because I have an appreciation for the art of sampling and I'm pretty knowledgeable about obscure music.

No I.D. got me with the Janko & Sucky "In the Space" on the death of autotune track. Needless to say, the Jay-Z track is better.

it's even weirder for me that Kanye is basically my musical idol and the guy that made me start wanting to produce hip-hop beats, AND i honestly feel that i flipped the sample a little better lol. i'm pretty modest when it comes to the music i make and know i'm not the greatest producer ever, but i really think Otis was pretty simple for a Kanye beat and find the way I flipped it much more interesting.

Back