Has anyone tried edigging.com?

mguz11

Just wondering I came across their website today. Seems like a cool concept. Obviously I won't quit digging for myself because that is half the fun but it would be cool to have access to samples that are already chopped. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or if their stuff is garbage? Thanks

Haha I agree homie, I thought about it just to save time and was like nah, shits lame lol. Plus I'm sure it's all really used soul samples ha

Yesir, plus that's half the fun of producing, drawing inspiration by listening to other artists. I couldn't muster up to do it

totally.....and also, by having the record in your hand you learn about labels, musicians, producers, periods in music.....and then you go on your journey!.......that's why I don't even really fug with youtube....

Yeah man, you know what, I don't even really sample much anymore. I get far more satisfaction by playing my own instruments, and in that process I get better. If I do sample now a days I do it very sparingly and tastefully

I don't sample as I don't produce yet but if you have the money, physical energy and time to dig for samples go for it and you'll be educating yourself on other genres that predate Hip Hop.

As one of the owners of Edigging.com, I feel there are some falsehoods about the edigging. The site was created because there was a desire of other producers who didn't live near records stores to have access to samples. Many of our customers do not have a record store within a 15 mile radius. We created the site for them. We also created the site for working producers who have families and are on a strict budget or don't have time to dig. It's $7 a month and that is way better than spending $25 at a store where you don't know what you're getting unless you have a portable. We come from crate digging backgrounds so we know what it is to dig for records. We actually continue to dig for samples that people have not used and post them to the site. Whether you think it's "lame", we respect your opinion, but know that the subscribers we do have, appreciate the service that we provide, and we will continue to dig for gems for them. Thanks for listening. BTW..it's not all soul samples. We cover every genre of music.

Back