Good enough turntable for sampling vinyl?

R

roxton gray sun

I was wondering if maybe the radio shack brand, belt driven turntable, for $99, with built in pre-amp, would be good enough to sample vinyl with? No scratching or djing. Also could i hook it up directly to an mpc 2000XL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that would work, but if you wanted clean samples, you would need a better needle.

But at that price why not get the Numark PT-01. It would work fine and its portable for your vinyl digging adventures.

so that would mean that the numark has a built in preamp?

Thanks for responding.

PtheGhost said:
peter, the protabvle joints cut out alot of loow end when sampling

I see, iono I'm just suggesting. Learn something new everyday.

the table itself really doesnt matter, as long as you have a good needle on it. and dont cheat yourself, but a top notch needle like a shure m447 or some of the good ortofones. but make sure the table you buy has interchangeable needles. some low grade no name tables have headshells and needles built in and cant be upgraded. you can prob buy the worst gemini table for even less then radio shack.

not only the needle is important, but also the quality of the pick-up (that's the part where the needle sits in)

for solely sampling a belt drive tt would be fine, but if you ever start thinking about scratching forget the belt driven (you ruin them).. here a direct driven tt is necessary

Back