Good artists to sample for that soulful feel

prosemusik

I'm more of an old school producer and I like my beats to have a really soulful feel. However, I'm having a producer's block and I can't seem to find any good samples. I'm looking for artists similar to Al Green, Marvin Gaye, and people like that.

maybe whosampled.com can help you cuz you can see who produce all that (altought marvin gaye and al green produce alot of their own songs) but you can see people who sampled them and maybe they have other songs with similar samples.

anyways you can go to youtube too and watch their videos and see similar artists on the side.

and try looking for artist they worked with. for example marvin gaye recorded duett albums with, Mary Wells, Kim Weston, Tammi Terrell and Diana Ross[FONT=arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

I have recently discovered that going to the library and take home some random cd's covering different genres, can be pretty rewarding. Don't judge the cd's on the cover. Just grab it in the pile and stick to whatever you get. Often I get a bunch of great samples from every visit :) If you only want soul samples then only take cd's from the soul section (if your library are divided in genres.)

I have recently discovered that going to the library and take home some random cd's covering different genres, can be pretty rewarding. Don't judge the cd's on the cover. Just grab it in the pile and stick to whatever you get. Often I get a bunch of great samples from every visit :) If you only want soul samples then only take cd's from the soul section (if your library are divided in genres.)

This guy is spot on. This is what I do not to mention searching on Youtube. I even go to thrift stores around town and see what they got to offer, usually not much because it's all country vinyl but it's still worth the look.

Back