getting a different vibe

GiantAngryPatrick

GiraffeFights
When I first started messing with DAWS I composed my beats strictly from scratch and that was fine and all, but once I started sampling it opened up a whole new world to me and I started having more fun making beats than I ever did before. A problem I find myself having quite often though is getting a different mood from my beats. About 80 percent of the beats I put out are laid back smooth joints, which is great because thats who I am, but sometimes a dudes just gotta go in on a jammer. So my question is what are some things you do to give your beats more energy? And I'm not just talking about finding the right sample because that's a given, but is there a certain way you approach a project when you want to make a banger?

It's really just all in the sounds and how they are played.... seriously that's all there is to it.

Drums and how they are programmed can really make a track energetic.

best thing to do is listen to music you consider "energetic" and take note of what they are doing with their sounds.. Some people layer a lot of crashes on their drums other do a lot of rolls and some simply go off the energy of the sample

Drums... Bass...

The beat will bang if it got knocking drums and bass and only one note of guitar playing

I agree that drums maybe play the biggest part in how energetic your track will be. Adding some extra kicks, snares and hats might do the trick.

Back