FPC-How do u change the pitch of your chops and make them sync up with your tempo?

RioSoul

What's good fam? Can somebody please tell me how to change the pitch of my chops and make them sync up with my desired tempo when usin Fl Studio's FPC? Your help would greatly be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
What up fam,

On the FPC there is a menu bar that's located directly to the right of the letters "FPC." You have Pads, Layer Properties, and Mixer. Your gonna want to click on Layer Properties. Once inside the layer properties menu you will see a bunch of knobs n switches to control the sound comming from the pad (I forgot, first click the pad you want to pitch then click on Layer Properties). There are 3 black knobs. The first knob controls the layer volume, the next the layer pan, and finally the 3rd knob controls the layer tune. The knob you want for pithching is the layer tune.

I hope I explained everything clearly enough for ya...

PEACE

Last edited:
I have an FPC question, when i load it up, I dont see the layer propertis and mixer tab in it like when I used FL6-what's wrong with it ?

There must be some confusion,

Look at your FPC. In the top left corner it says in big grey letters, "FPC." Now look directly to the right. Here you will find the tabs labled Pads, Layer Properties, and Mixer (in that order).

PEACE

theillestone said:
What up fam,

On the FPC there is a menu bar that's located directly to the right of the letters "FPC." You have Pads, Layer Properties, and Mixer. Your gonna want to click on Layer Properties. Once inside the layer properties menu you will see a bunch of knobs n switches to control the sound comming from the pad (I forgot, first click the pad you want to pitch then click on Layer Properties). There are 3 black knobs. The first knob controls the layer volume, the next the layer pan, and finally the 3rd knob controls the layer tune. The knob you want for pithching is the layer tune.

I hope I explained everything clearly enough for ya...

PEACE

Thanx for your help fam. I truly appreciate it. I successfully changed the pitch of my chops by doin what u suggested, but I'm not completely satisfied as I was only able to change it by cents opposed to by notes, which is how I'd really like to go about changin it. I prefer to change the pitch by notes opposed to cents because when you change the pitch of your chops by notes, additonal sounds, such as basslines and strings, that u lay over them are more in tune with your samples than when u change the pitch by cents. Do u know if there's a setting within the FPC which allows u to change the pitch of your chops by notes? Perhaps a certain amount of cents equal a note change. Would u happen to know whether or not this is true? Your feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Also, I still haven't figured out how to get my chops to sync up with my desired tempo. If anyone can help me out with this, I'd certainly appreciate it. Thanx for your help.

Last edited:
RioSoul said:
Thanx for your help fam. I truly appreciate it. I successfully changed the pitch of my chops by doin what u suggested, but I'm not completely satisfied as I was only able to change it by cents opposed to by notes, which is how I'd really like to go about changin it. I prefer to change the pitch by notes opposed to cents because when you change the pitch of your chops by notes, additonal sounds, such as basslines and strings, that u lay over them are more in tune with your samples than when u change the pitch by cents. Do u know if there's a setting within the FPC which allows u to change the pitch of your chops by notes? Perhaps a certain amount of cents equal a note change. Would u happen to know whether or not this is true? Your feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Also, I still haven't figured out how to get my chops to sync up with my desired tempo. If anyone can help me out with this, I'd certainly appreciate it. Thanx for your help.

I don't think you can change the pitch by notes in the FPC. Your going to have to create a new channel. Load the sample you want to pitch in the new channel press record and bang it in with your midi controller or keyboard. Q=C5. Actually it doesn't matter which key you use cause your going to be pitching it anway. The only thing you should be concerned with at first is hitting the kep/pad on time. Once you have entered the note data go into the piano roll. Once inside the piano roll you can move the note up and down till you find the right pitch. Jus press "play" while in pattern mode. Hold your cursor over the note and move it up or down until you hear the desired pitch.

I am not sure how many cents equal a note myself but I am sure out of 100 cents you have a wide enough range where I think you should be able to find the desired pitch (but I could be wrong).

If I were you I would take the chops you are having problems with and load them into individual channels because you will have more control over their tempo. Once you load them into a channel use the "multiplicator" knob located under the "SMP"(sample) tab. If you want the chop slower move the knob to the right, faster to the left. If you wanna get it really fine tuned hold down the "ctrl" button while you move the knob; this will allow you to move the knob is 1 cent increments.

PEACE

Last edited:
Actaully, I know that you're probably thinking that I'm not paying attention but the thing is, I'm looking at my fpc right now, and all I see is the pads, the knobs for layering, the four sliders, the volume/pan freq window at the bottom right, and the note window to the left of that. Is the the FPC different on 7 than it is on 6? If it helps to answer your question, I got the downlaoded upgrade of FL7 off the site itself.

Yes,

The FPC is different for FL 7. There are not 3 tabs, evrything is right there except for the Mixer I believe.

I have seen the FPC on FL 7 very "briefly." In that short amount of time I remeber seeing what looked like the layer properties and the pads on the same interface. If I am mistaken then you should probably go to the help file, type in FPC to get the logistics of it. Also in the top left corner there should be a pull down for that particular plug-in that will give you some options.

PEACE

Last edited:
loose the fpc & get BATTERY !!! if your using a mpd it virtually makes it a mpc, sooo much better than the fpc.Pz

I have battery myself, and i still cant get my chops on tempo. wierd.. i hate using my chops in FL7, it limits me.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's not hard, it's similar to the fpc 2 me.. i cant get those joints to adjust to tempo though.

yeah it's easy to link up, i use it through FL cause u get 64 channels for each 1 u put into the FL step sequencer, to change the tempo i jus stretch & use the pitch to keep it all in time better, battery is the sheit for drums aswell

Last edited by a moderator:
RioSoul said:

I prefer changing it by cents instead of notes because wen u want to mess with the tempo u dont have to stay on there tempo if u get what im saying..if u change it by notes it sucks cause its sum fast paced tempo but........Thanx for the info man and this only works in FL7 buys for the layer tune thing Ithink cause we couldnt figure it out in FL6 soo yea...Thanx for the info great to have didnt even figure that out until now and i've been a FL user since FL 3..

Cents = Notes

To answer your question 100 Cents = one adjacent note....therefore one octave would = 1200 cents...this includes black keys...so for instance, if you wanted to change the pitch from c to f (goin up the scale) that would = 500 cents.

I hope this helps...one...KVIII

Back