flipping techno...

I don't really flip it.
I listen to a lot of trance though, DJ Dean being one of my favs.

Lot of them dudes sample so watch out for what you sampling. I know I wouldn't want to sample something that's already a sample. That's all personal preference though, do what you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yes, there's lots of "techno" songs to flip :p The synth work they do can be sampled easily... you just gotta look for songs you like. In almost every trance (genre ) song, there is a "breakdown" where the drums drop out, and only the music is playing. Also, I believe Manny Fresh or someone has sampled Deadmau5 before... but yeah... sampling electronic music works well at times! =D

Im not so big on the 80s techno ish.. sound like somthing new kanye would do though

call it copycat,so be it,but after Kanye's Harder I searched and digged for Daft Punk and sampled one of their joints...but like somebody said above,really couldnt mess with it seriously bcuz they sample in most of their music

Last edited:
busta sampled 1st daft punk... in that touch it track ...dont kno the exact name of the track, guess it was on the big bang

dats a SwizzBeatz beat..but your right busta and Swizz did do it first but Kanye's harder had a bigger impact or just bcuz Im a kanye fan idk

Last edited:
I've tried to flip some older techno songs I liked in the past but I've failed every time. It's not difficult, I just can't seem to come up with any ideas on how to rearrange the chops most of the time.

i been sampling techno lately.....gotta move with the waves if you wana shine.....and the kids in my neighborhood wana buy beats that got that electro hop sound....so i deliver

Last edited:
Back