FL Studio time stretching

bigl2369

Does anyone know if this https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/plugins/editortool_stretch.htm is still in fl studio? I've seen youtube videos of people time stretching with the sampler, but nothing using this tool. That's why I'm curious as to whether its still a part of the program.

I'm pretty sure you can detect the tempo of a clip in fl studio.

Also, is there any special parameter in fl studio that you need to change to prevent your clip from auto warping when you change the project tempo?

Last edited:
I don't know why but time stretching isn't working with FL Studio. I have a loop, but when I turn the time knob its not snapping to the grid.

Also, the pitch/time tool in Edison doesn't let you dial it in. And, detect tempo gave me the wrong tempo.

So detect tempo and the pitch/time tools are lost causes. Now, either I can't figure out how to make time stretch snap to the grid or FL Studio is totally not going to work out.

Last edited:
Time stretch is located in the "SMP" tab when something is selected in the step sequencer. I have NEVER used this though. I use FL slicer instead. With slicer you can take a sample and select how many beats in length you want it to be, then right click and select Auto on the time stretch (TS) Slider. The slider to the left of TS is the Pitch shift (PS).

As far as the auto detect BPM tool, it's more of a hit and miss deal. Sometimes you get different BPM's depending on what selection you choose. 50-100 might give you one BPM, while 75-150 might give you another.

Back