FL Studio: Saving a template, automatically have it load up

futuredood

hey,

i use a couple of plugins with fl studio and it's a big hassle to have to add each one whenever i load it up. first, how do i save a template file so that it all loads up automatically when i open that file? second, how do you set that template as the default one to load on startup?

You have to save the project with all your usuall stufff that you use, as a file in the templates folder, name it and save it, then close out and repoen Fl, open your templates folder to load your template, and every time after you do that, it would automatically go back to that template when you open Fl.

^^ EDIT you were faster than me lol

You just gotta go into your fruity loops folder, then PROJECTS and you see a folder named TEMPLATES.
C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 7\Data\Projects\Templates

Save the .flp file you want to load up at the start into this folder, and then open FL

On FL, click on FILE, NEW FROM TEMPLATE then choose your template, open it and now it will load up everytime you open FL.

you got it?

Last edited:
oh yeahh now i remember, and to load it up as default you save it as default.. let me try it real fast

hell yeah got it to work, thanks to both u guys..

note: the problem i had was i couldn't see the template after i saved it. what i ended up doing was overwriting another template called "house" that i prob won't ever use. that did the trick and now i use that as the default template.

Last edited:
Make heaps of different templates, each has to have its own folder with the same name as the flp, you can even make an nfo with notepad to remind you whats in it and an icon if ya wanna get fancy

hey! this is cool, and I saved an icon (.ico) into the folder where I have a template/flp saved but the icon doesn't show up in FL where I select templates?

deRaNged FL Template.zip

No sends on this one like in Reason, because you have so many ways to add effects in FL. Just remember the bass and kicks will "knock" so you're going to in most case scenarios be turning them down, and remember not to turn things up so loud they begin to saturate because FL's Limiter can be harsh, you can get things plenty "loud" for a beat in this template.

Last edited:
this was very helpful.. i have a pluggin and when i set it.. and then finish a beat and try to go back and change or mess with it.. the sounds in the vsti are set back to the default ones.. i have to remember which preset i picked or custom settings i used in the vsti.. kinda weird.. but this method fixed this problem.

Back