fixing warped records?

B

blue_lines

Does anyone have some tips? I picked up a few gems last night but a couple are slightly warped, I'm wondering if I can do anything to correct them.

On a hot sunny day, plug your turntable in outside (extension cord or something) and put your warped record on the platter. Let it just spin for a few hours in the sun. It'll melt it back into its original shape. Make sure theres no chance of rain lol.

Hope this helps,

Peace

Personally no but I a friend of mine has. I saw his turntable outside and asked. I'm pretty sure that was all there was to it.

Im going to test it out on a crappy record, I'll let you guys know if it works.

Tried it. It didnt work. Ive tried 2 pieces of glass with the record in between outside ( and i live in Arizona ) didnt work. Ive tried putting the record under mad books in the sun, didnt work, ive tried putting the record at the end of a crate full to capacity thinking maybe itll straighten out, nope didnt work.

Is there any hope to cure a warped gem ?

Its really pissing me off because the record thats warped is an original James Brown - Black Ceaser. **** !!!!!!

yeah i had heard those rumors but thats all they apear to be is rumors....
how warped is it?

a hot sunny day is how records get warped in the first place(that and leaving em by the radiator)
you cant do nothing about it if its warped if you can sort of play it now thats the best you'll get but it'll probably make them worse if u leave them at high temps. and thats from experiance but i would love it if someone did actually prove me wrong.
ur gonna have to find another copy or somthing. sorry

DefOne4Lyfe said:
On a hot sunny day, plug your turntable in outside (extension cord or something) and put your warped record on the platter. Let it just spin for a few hours in the sun. It'll melt it back into its original shape. Make sure theres no chance of rain lol.

Hope this helps,

Peace

You read that from sratch.......I think it was 1 of the Beat Minerz that said to do that. Supposedly it worked for him?????

No i didn't read it in scratch. One of my DJ friends thats dj'd for a few years was doing it one day, I just asked. I just posted the info. I figured it worked or has worked if he was doin it. Maybe he was experimenting I really don't know.

Sorry to post the info if it doesn't actually work.

Peace

i tried it, it helped a little. It's still warped. ah well, thanks for the tips.

me i just take the record and bake it in the oven at 450.. when the smoke alarm goes off thats when it's done...

Back