Finding used sampled unexpectedly

jeepz

iAmJeepz.com
One of my simple pleasures when going through records, is stumbling upon tracks that have been sampled before and recognizing them.

Thought of that just now, listening to a Shirley Bassey live album, and Diamonds are Forever popped on.. don't plan on using it, but was fun to listen to.

Makes you appreciate the art that much more, knowing at one point Kanye (or whoever) held that same record in their hands, and you can just imagine the process of converting it to a hit!

Makes you appreciate the art that much more, knowing at one point Kanye (or whoever) held that same record in their hands, and you can just imagine the process of converting it to a hit!

Can honestly say I never felt that way when stumbling upon a sample used by a hit producer or another producer. Normally I just note the producers/players and find other material they have worked on.

Last edited:
I feel the same way sometimes, its crazy to think about the process they probably went through to get the finished product

always a great feeling listening to your records and recognizing a sample

Happens all the time for me. Most recently it was Alicia Keys You Don't Know My Name which Kanye sampled for Wayne's Comfortable.

the thing i love most about this is when i'm digging through crates and i hear a sample completely by accident. pretty awesome.

I stumbled on a song I sampled a while ago and Diamond D had used it.
The song is called 'Easy Ways" by The Pointer Sisters.
Great song by the way.

yea i love that too i heard the Lupe Fiasco-American Terrorist sample listening to Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever, such a great album, the sample wasnt flipped very much but i still like the original and the lupe song

I usually search for the sample used in songs i like to get an idea of the process, its pretty crazy what some guys do, im just getting into sampling an its super frustrating, so i respect them (especially kanye).

I stumbled on a song I sampled a while ago and Diamond D had used it.
The song is called 'Easy Ways" by The Pointer Sisters.
Great song by the way.

Ya that's a great song. I sampled it a while ago for a track I made with King Kenoah. It comes on this clip at about 4:24

now that i think of it, i found one of my favorite samples on accident while i was digging ages ago, i think it was named new found truths. it's in L.'s relax your mind

Last edited:
I enjoy it as well. I'm always like, "oh sh!t!". Last one I remember finding a sample used by ODB. Rza probably produced it. I forget which one though. I've been moving my records around a lot.

i know what you mean, yesterday i found the horns from touch the sky, and the guitar licks from players club. so satisfying finding those, even though i dont plan on using them

Yeah that happens to me every once in a while. I remember back when I first started digging, I randomly found the piano sample in Dance With the Devil. It was definitely a dope feeling.

Yeah that happens to me every once in a while. I remember back when I first started digging, I randomly found the piano sample in Dance With the Devil. It was definitely a dope feeling.

yup, i flipped love theme for one of my beats. i love that loop.

Back