finding nice tracks to sample from

B

beat addict

sup fam

i make alot of beats playing it all by hand.. but i would like to find some nice tracks to sample from.
is there a site or place on the net where you can get some good old songs too use that you know of?

uh, your local record store homie, don't pay more than a buck a pop, unless u think its worth it, if u dont have a tt, you can also sample your cd's and tapes, all that ****.

i think, if you're looking for samples, i think ebay sells samples, BUT they are based on other producers styles

so if u want originality, check out your local thrift store or used record shop.

love
di

yea i feel you but where i live records don't cost 1 buck it,s 15 euro,s for lp,s.. (belgium) so i hoped to be able to find records on the net

Ebay

just type in vinyl record stores (google) no thrift stores in Belg?

Last edited:
don't EVER buy samples offline... cuz u and millions of other beatmakers are using the same ones.. but i guess it's all about how u flip it, but a sample can only be flipped but so much... like dcondax said, thrift stores and attics.... salvations army stores usually have a lot of Christmas and classical records, so i stopepd digging there years ago...

Yea it really is how you flip it you'd surprised how many hits have been made sampling the exact same Song that sound nothing alike.

hey man, i don't think this would be the proper place to post this,
but you think u can name me some good hip hop from belgium,

im from europe (greece) you gotta find a used record store man, theres gotta be one somewhere, even within the hour drive, cuz you're gonna be spending alot of cash on shipping, and you dont get to listen to what you buy before you buy it,

its a 6 hour drive to greece, ill take u record diggin' bro, haha

honetement, si tu veux, aller visiter la france, il's ont des lp's usagers en masse, tu sais, economise un peut d'argent, visite, et achete en masse. c koi? comme 2 heures du belge?
bonne chance.

peace
di

good hip hop from belgium? the scene isn't that big here but there,s castro , dope **** , and this dude k styles is from belgium too. brahim , this dude makes ethnic sounding rnb.. umm underground you got outspoken , black and white.. i doubt these artists are known outside belgium doh....

there,s allways download programs and things like that to look for my records but then again , you need to know the titles before you can search right :.$ i'll just have to look for an old recordstore somewhere like you said

lol tu parles francais..

Last edited by a moderator:
oui, j'suis d' quebec, demenager a grece, plus calme, plus facile a faire'd la musique.

salut mon frere.
di

yes...my french classes were useful!

either way, i have been looking also for good things to sample from, i dont have any money, not even a dollar to go shopping at a thrift shop or a car, so thats not gonna happen anytime soon, i usually type in random things in a download program and search, but..you barely get lucky

Last edited:
Soulful-Alibaster said:
You do have the internet right?
Right there you have access to almost every song ever made to sample from... What's stopping you?

thats exactly whats stopping me
there are millions of songs
which ones are fire

i guess i wish i had a list of names of people that make or made soulful **** but, i cant find my list...been searchin on google for months :bigeyes:

u know what man, if u want, go type in allmusic.com

search by genre, whether it be soul, or jazz, funk, disco, psychedelic polka black metal. whatever

everyday man, find an artist, dl their discography, (they're mostly dead, i dont give a ****) and listen to them, broaden your musical horizon, before you listen for samples, listen to the song, like absorb it into yourself, enjoy it, try to remember what music was all about.

have fun dude
di

dcondax said:
u know what man, if u want, go type in allmusic.com

search by genre, whether it be soul, or jazz, funk, disco, psychedelic polka black metal. whatever

everyday man, find an artist, dl their discography, (they're mostly dead, i dont give a ****) and listen to them, broaden your musical horizon, before you listen for samples, listen to the song, like absorb it into yourself, enjoy it, try to remember what music was all about.

have fun dude
di

yea i got to doin that yesterday thats really what i was looking for, i found a similar site yesterday bbc music and ...just by reading about artist i could tell who would have motivation to create beautiful music, because i know what motivates me....been thru some ****, thanks di

hey now that was helpfull.. i'll look into allmusic dot com man 4 sure!..
thnx dcondax...

anyway maby it,s good that i don't find samples quick because it motivates me to try and compose something worthed myself , go figure lol

And how would you play them to your computer with Vinyl Records???

Back