Finding BPM

plotneezy

Hello! So I keep running into situations where I find a really dope sample, but it doesn't have drums and/or it is hard to decipher the bpm, even with the aid of tap bpm tools or software such as Mixmeister. So, how can you find bpm of a difficult to decipher song? Also, does time signature have to do with it? It's hard for me to tell the time sig of songs sometimes. How accurate are BPM databases?

Try snapping your fingers first to the sample...then set your metronome to the same tempo ya snap ya fingers...GL :)

I usually count to 4, or 8. but I understand what the frst post was saying, there is some tracks where the voice would say, .. start more towards the 2nd bar, and go late. yknow. but I like the snapping fingers technique

If tapping doesnt work, then the time signiture may be your stumbling block.

The reason is that it may influence the turn around...I figure you simply gotta play with it until it loops.

But here I gotta play da role of da d!ck#ead and ask why you are looping. Coz simply choppin per beat of da sample and timestretch...you can bend da sample to your will.

I do chop, but I like to get clean chops so I like to know the BPM. I only loop when I find a really good loop, and then it's easy to tell the bpm.

Back