Filter for Sampled Sounds?

heydavid714

Hey All,

I'm a sample based producer, and I pull samples from old records and speed them up (similar to Kanye West). I notice that when I speed up my samples, they sound good.. but they don't have any warmth to them. Are there any vst/filter plugins that you can recommend to warm up my samples? Right now they sound sped up, and too "clean" as if they're missing some filters.

Below are some examples of sampled songs. For the samples, they sound like they have a filter on them, and are not just sped up alone.

T.I. - Welcome to the World
French Montana - Lose It

yea get yourself some saturation plugins .. and/or distortion plugins to get some color in there again.. i usually use them after filtering, compressing and slight corrective eqs (that i end up kinda correcting again a bit after the saturation)... they work wonders.. especially because by filtering out a bass your also filtering out low mid frequencies that other instruments may carry and it affects them.

I've been using the ASR X lately and it has a pretty nice warm sound to it right out the box.

Back